100 N. 8th Street
This small two-story building, located at the northeast corner of 8th and “O” street was building in 1911 for Armour & Co., the meat packers. A close examination reveals surprisingly fine materials, such as the tooled limestone trim and openwork steel trusses supporting the canopy. R.C. Clark of Chicago was the architect and Gerstenberger & Gooden the contractors for the $24,000 building. Earlier structures on the site included a succession of small hotels.
Today, the first floor of the building has been home to two long time tenants, Dyer Law and Jacks Bar & Grill.
Schedule a Tour of This Building
Mon – Fri 8 am - 5 pm