816 P Street
The Veith Building ranks as Lincoln’s best example of the small shops common throughout downtown in the 1880s and 1890s, and as such, it is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building displays an abundance of architectural metalwork, including the cast iron storefront and second floor window lintels, pressed metal cornice, and wrought cresting. The survival of the metal cornice and cresting is especially rare. Note the nameplate on the base of the storefront columns of Seaton & Lea, Lincoln’s own iron workers.
Louis Veith opened his grocery store in this building in 1884 after working as a clerk in his brother Henry’s larger grocery and hardware store. Louis was out of business by 1890. His building has had a variety of occupants since that time.
Be sure to visit the Haymarket Square courtyard before leaving the vicinity.
|Suite 200 |
|Approx 1,300 sq. ft.||View More Information|
Schedule a Tour of This Building
Mon – Fri 8 am - 5 pm